Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Rain Delay

Yesterday it rained. I didn't ride, and that's all I have to say about that.

Today I woke up and for the first time I really wanted to skip biking into work. Taking yesterday off allowed my muscles to tighten up and I was pretty uncomfortable. Still I managed to force myself through the motions of getting ready for the ride, and inevitably I was on my bike pedaling my way into work.

Since I'll be going to Wompatuck for the training crit tomorrow I wanted to have a nice easy ride in, and that pretty much what I had. Despite the soreness today was by far the easiest ride I've had into work since I started. The hills didn't slow me down as much, and more importantly they didn't leave me winded at the crest. I also carried my speed off the hills much longer with what felt like light effort.

In theory I should be meeting up with Andrew, a much more experienced rider, at Wompatuck tomorrow. If I do I'll hopefully be buying some used 2004 Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels from him. I really don't want to buy a new set of racing wheels and then crash and wreck them while I'm still learning. I'm hoping I can get some good mileage out of the used wheels and get a feel for what kind of advantage they'll provide without breaking the bank. I'll also need to buy some more tubes, tires, and potentially a second cassette. I'm pretty excited and I'll let you know how it goes.

I also picked up a second jersey the other day. A Screaming Yellow/Black Podium Jersey from Pearl Izumi. It isn't as comfortable on my shoulders as the Descente, but its fairly comfortable overall. The reflective tape in the middle of the Descente Jersey is already peeling off which is pretty budget, but overall the jersey is holding up ok.


The Food Log

Glasses of Water - 8
Breakfast - A bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios
Ride In - 16oz of Gatorade
Second Breakfast - One Packet of Oatmeal and a Banana
Lunch - A big chunk of Lasagna
After Lunch Snack - 1 Packet of Peanut M&Ms and a Banana
Dinner - Mac & Cheese with Hot Dogs
After Dinner Snack - 1 Cherry Yoplait

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mac and Cheese with hot dogs? :)

That's Awful.

C4 said...

If you cut the hot dogs up and throw them in the mac and cheese its actually pretty good. I prefer ham to hot dogs, but the hot dogs work in a pinch.

On second thought, you're right it is pretty awful;)