Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Calm Before the Storm

The weather channel says its supposed to rain from Wednesday afternoon through Saturday. In theory I'll still be able to bike in tomorrow morning and beat the storm, but it looks like I'll be stuck driving. I'm hoping I'll have a window of clear skies to ride but we'll see. I'll be especially bummed if the Saturday morning group ride is canceled.

During the ride this morning I gave up going really fast on the downhills and instead pushed hard up the hills and rested on the way down. I hit 30mph again on a sprint to the first speed sign. On the second I just maintained a comfortable pace to see what my cruising speed was and it was solid at 18mph. Overall the ride took me one hour and 2 minutes. I was pretty winded after some of the longer hills, but I didn't feel as saddle sore today. My legs are definitely letting me know that they're been worked but its not too bad.

The Food Log:
Glasses of Water - 7
Breakfast - 1 Glazed Chocolate Donut, 2 packets of oatmeal, and 16oz of Gatorade
Lunch - 1 Lg. Veal Cutlet Sub with Mozzarella, Red Peppers, and Prosciutto.
Afternoon Snack - 1 Peach
Dinner - 1 Lg. Bowl of Mac & Cheese with many chunks of ham
After Dinner Snack - 3 Choc. Chip Cookies and a glass of Choc. Milk

No comments: