Sunday, July 29, 2007

Recovery Ride

Today I decided I'd do a two hour or so ride at a nice slow and steady pace to try and pump the crap out of my legs that I'm sure I built up from running on empty for an hour and a half yesterday. Looking at google maps I decided to try out a loop right near my home that would be six miles long and do it several times. The loop was pretty good, hilly but no monster climbs. One of the climbs had the road washed out pretty bad on the white line so I had to take the lane whenever I came to that short section but since there was a stop sign at the top of the hill it really didn't cause any problems. Traffic was mild, so I spent most of the time marveling at just how much broken glass sits along the side of the road.

In the end I did three loops over a little less than two hours and never really pushed my heart rate up excepting a little spike on one of the larger climbs. My legs felt pretty good and I know I could have pushed harder but I wanted to stick to my plan so it was all easy pedaling.

The Food Log
Glasses of Water - 8
Breakfast - Two bowls of Cheerios
On the Ride - 32oz of Gatorade
Lunch - A Dbl. Whopper with Cheese
After Lunch Snack - A Banana and a Cheery Yoplait with a glass of chocolate milk
Dinner - 2 Pieces of Deep Dish Pizza

No comments: