Sunday, August 5, 2007

Garden in the Woods

Michelle and I spent the afternoon on a tour of the Garden in the Woods. I had a fun time taking pictures of the various flowers, and I particularly liked this one. Since I already had an easy hike under my belt when we arrived home I went out for a short 13 mile ride to try and flush some of the crap out of my legs from yesterday's effort. The only real excitement came as I pumped up my front tire, when I went to remove the nozzle the top of the valve broke off inside! I took apart the nozzle to remove the piece, and since the tire was already inflated and I wasn't planning on going fast I just left it alone. I figured if it flatted I'd change the tube, just like I was going to have to do if I wanted to fix it now. In the end it was fine.

I liked the ride of the Armadillo tire on the back, though the weight difference was really driven home when I climbed some of the small hills on my route. Since I'm going to have to replace the front tube anyway I may just buy a Dillo for the front tire too and kill two birds with one stone. An expensive stone, but well I've come to terms with the fact that keeping up with this cycling habit isn't going to be cheap.

Speaking of not cheap I also took a picture of the new wheels this morning before changing them out with my commuting/training wheels. I'm really looking forward to Wompatuck this Wednesday night to see if I can hang for more than two laps at a time. I have so much to learn, and so much conditioning to catch up that I'm not sure if I'll be able to hang on for a full race until next year but that won't stop me from trying.

I'm going to stop doing the food log, in the end I haven't really been able to glean much from it and I don't like obsessing about food so hasta la vista.

No comments: