Sunday, September 16, 2007

Surreal Ride

Surreal, that's how I would describe today's ride. I haven't been on the bike since the last Landry's group ride thanks to a combo of poison ivy, allergies, and a cold. I felt like I was floating over the bike for most of the ride, and just watching a bike cruise along the road. The air was cool and crisp, and the sun was bright but not overbearing.

The only thing that kept bringing me back down to earth was the amount of glass I had to avoid. The evil side of me would love to force people who throw glass bottle onto the road to pick it up by walking over it with their bare feet. The lawful side of me would love to see them out there with brooms sweeping up the side of the road for all the many miles they've covered in glass shards. The good side of me is depressed that people would do something so maliciously idiotic.

I only went six miles today as a sort of test run to see if everything was still working before riding in to work tomorrow. I'm already certain that it'll be a hard ride, but if I'm going to survive the 110 mile Tour de Landry's on Columbus day then I need to get back out there and get some miles under my belt.

1 comment:

bclark said...

speaking of picking up trash-in a parking lot the other week, this lady talking on her cell phone with her window open in her suv with her kids in the back -she had just loaded up with candy dumb-dumbs:) crumpled up all the wrapers and threw them out her window.. I am getting my kid out of our truck and before I get her out, I walked over to her truck-picked up the wrappers and said very very loudly, "HERE YOU GO< YOU DROPPED THESE" and she looked over still talking on her cell phone as I reached in to her suv and dropped the wrappers back in her lap and turned and walked away to go get my kid out of her truck.. I hope that she and her kids will realize that its not ok to just throw trash all over the place. That lady was lucky all I was there for was to put her trash back in her vehicle though, because she was so unaware of her space that it would have been very easy for some one that had not-nice intentions to do bad things.